Saturday, January 14, 2012

CHICKADEE oil painting and collage

"CHICKADEE" ($100.)
Not the greatest photo of this little Chickadee I painted.  Another great bird that comes to the  feeder hanging outside my studio window.  The bottom of the oil painting is done in collage.  It's of a group of Zinnias that I took a photo of and manipulated in a photo digital program.  I have been trying to incorporate more of my photos in the collages I do, rather then just using parts of magazine pages. It's done on an 8"x8" cradled board.

4 comments:

J. Kevin James said...

Fine looking Chickadee! I like the idea of the black & white scheme...fitting for our black & white feathered friend. It's hard to tell by the photo, but I'm imagining those Zinnias real pop out in the foreground being a collage. I like it alot!

Jackie McIntyre said...

Thanks so much for the very nice comment!

Gaby Bee said...

Beautiful and impressive! I'm always excited by your artwork. I like the whole composition, Jackie!

Have a lovely week!

Hugs,
Gaby

Jackie McIntyre said...

Thanks Gaby, you are always so complimentary, which is always appreciated. As you know as an artist we really never know if what we create is any good!!