Friday, December 23, 2011

SPOTTED TOWEE...OIL AND COLLAGE.."HIS IMAGINATION"



"SPOTTED TOWEE' ($100.)
I decided to try my hand at some new birds.  I have several bird feeders that I can see from my studio window.  This is one of the fellows that came to feed.  I bought a new powers shot Canon camera this summer because it has a more powerful zoom than my old one and I have to say I am not really happy with it.  The colors just are never very good.   I have to do too much color fiddling in my computer before I can post a picture of the painting.  Also, the zoom only really works well on the optical zoom, the digital zoom is very grainy.  I don't recommend anyone buying a Canon Powershot SX30 IS.

To all the folks out there who look at my blog, I wish you a joyous holiday and a very Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Jackie, what a brilliant collage-painting. The colour contrast between the lovely bird and the collage basis work very well.

Patricia Ryan said...

Jackie, I love the complexity of the elements in these new ones. They're taking on more and more depth. The look in your towhee's eyes (I'm guessing that's what it is) really shows a lot of expression. I sure hope you're enjoying doing these because they keep getting more and more interesting, and that's understating it. Happy 2012 to you, too!