Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CROW PAINTINGS ON CLOUDY DAYS

SOLD

Title "It's Only Misting" 8"x 10" $125.

Another set of crows in the series of weather related crows.  I hope to complete 2 more to make it a dozen. My grandkids are here now  are visiting from Los Angeles; so painting will have to wait while I get to enjoy their company.  Part of the process in creating the pieces are to collage the one side.  Many times I see a certain image in a magazine and that will get me started, but finding other elements to complete the collage may take some rummaging through all my magazines to find what I feel works and balances with the original image.  I paint all the crows from photos I have taken and recently bought a new camera with a 35x zoom lens because they are such flighty birds and take off as soon as I get any where near them. These two are 8"x 10" on cradled 3/4 inch boards.

4 comments:

Wendy DeHart said...

Jackie - You've almost made a convert out of me re crows. This is a fantastic series and the collage addition makes the so unique. Hope to see them in the Oregon City show on teh 30th!!

Sue said...

I love your crow painting series ... Crows are a great motive anyway as they are quite mysterious and clever. You're really making them even more interesting.

Lynn said...

Beautiful work.

I love how you've combined the painting element with the collage elements. And, I have a real soft spot for crows and you've captured so many aspects of their wonderfully mysterious and capricious nature.

Gaby Bee said...

I enjoyed looking at your work. I'm a new follower!

Hope your day is going great!
Gaby